Chemical Process Engineer
A vacancy exists within our Site Projects Group for a Chemical Process Engineer supporting site Capital & Expense projects. Reporting to the Site Projects Lead, the individual will be responsible for a number of site projects.
- Develop project plans and successfully execute them according to established schedule, cost and performance standards.
- Manage design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, operations personnel, outside contractors and suppliers.
- Track and report progress as required against project deliverables.
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of the capital/expense projects.
- Must have as a minimum a 3rd level degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Relevant experience working in Pharm/Bio Pharm industry with experience in maintenance, engineering and project management practices.
- Good knowledge of working in ATEX environment.
- Recommend, justify, plan, initiate and install projects or process improvements aimed at improving plant performance.
- Promote the generation of new ideas of equipment modification, analytical requirements and data handling.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
- Familiar with engineering project management tools, financial management skills including an ability to work within budgets, and engineering technical skills.
- Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in project management.
- Excellent communication /presentation skills.
- Superior organisational and planning skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.