Chemical Engineer Lab Technician
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
Any Chemical Engineers looking to develop their careers within the FMCG industry? Keep reading!
I'm currently looking for an experienced Lab Technician who has either a degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry, or relevant previous experience. This is your chance to secure a permanent position with one of the UK's leading manufacturers in Horticulture!
Reporting to the Technical Manager, your purpose is to ensure all products supplied from business operations conform to legal, quality and safety requirements. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Chemical laboratory by conducting Chemical Analysis of both raw material and finished products, managing stock levels, supervising solid/grass mixing, and ensuring overall traceability of the products is maintained.
You will also be involved in writing non-conformance reports and raising incidents and issues with suppliers under the supervision of the QA supervisor and the Technical Manager.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A degree in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry or relevant experience
- Previous experience working in an analytical laboratory, using HPLC and spectrophotometry techniques
- Previous experience in method development/validation
- Experience in Statistical process control
- Experience in calibration and metrology
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- A flexible approach to working hours, and be able to work a shift pattern if and when required to
- Health and Safety Qualification
- Full, clean driving licence.
Please do not apply for this position if you have an allergy to nuts, as the working environment may contain nut traces.
In return, you will be offered excellent career prospects, competitive salary and invaluable training.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for the role, or would like to discuss more opportunities, please contact Naomi on:
01733 391 515
The Sterling Choice is a specialist Food and FMCG recruitment organisation recruiting across disciplines such as Production, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Technical, NPD, Engineering and Human Resources.
Superior Wisdom Derived from Experience