A vacancy has arisen for a Process Engineer to work on a long term contract basis within the team based at Oxford.
Main Purpose of the role:
• The Process Engineer is principally a hands-on design based role with a degree of team leadership within discipline
• Delivery of all discipline design and engineering to meet the requirements of the Concept Design Review & Preliminary Design Review Gate
• Lead engineers are the main interface between senior management and hands-on design
• Prepare supporting design calculations and specifications to substantiate design.
Position within the Organisation:
• Reporting to Senior and or Principal Engineers with ultimate line management responsibilities being with the Chief Engineer within your discipline
• Reports to Senior Engineer or Design Manager.
• Normally manage a project involving a team of up to 3 engineering staff, although team may be supplemented from elsewhere.
• Responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work undertaken by their team.
• Maybe responsible for managing project subcontracts.
• Interacts with engineers of other disciplines internally and externally.
• Supervises support staff.
Skills and Experience:
• Preferably degree qualified within a relevant area of the discipline though not essential. Minimum HNC qualification or equivalent gained within a relevant area of the discipline.
• Membership of a discipline specific Institute (e.g. I MechE; I Structural Eng; CIBSE; IChemE etc).
• >5 Years’ experience in the role of design of process / mechanical handling plants in the nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry
• Interfacing with CS&A / HVAC / Building Services / Process / EC&I design functions.
• Space management, relating to installation, operation and maintenance of plant and equipment.
• Development of multi-disciplinary design packages for Design Review and HAZOP assessments.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions. It is also a requirement of the position to demonstrate experience gained in a similar position ideally from a highly regulated industry. This could be from but is not limited to Defence, Pharmaceutical or Oil & Gas
• Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
• Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
• Customer/client liaison and strong commercial awareness.
• Degree Qualified in a relevant technical/engineering discipline.
• Registered with discipline specific Engineering Council.
• Expertise in the nuclear industry.
• Inspection, Installation, Commissioning.
• Management and technical delivery of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme / preliminary design packages.
• Experience of leading teams within a project environment would be a distinct advantage.
• Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.