Graduate Chemical Engineer
Do you aspire to become a Chartered Engineer?
Working for Lorien Engineering, an industry leader, you will have exposure to projects for some of the largest clients in the world.
We provide engineering design, project management, technical consulting and safety compliance services to manufacturing companies across the Food, Drink (including Brewing), Life Sciences, and Advanced Technology and Sustainable Energy & Waste sectors.
What Will You Do?
As part of our IChemE / IMechE accredited Graduate Development scheme, you will play a pivotal role in contributing to and shaping the future of our global operating business. You will be working alongside our Senior Engineering teams who will support you with the professional development to enable you to work towards Chartered Engineer status. You will be an integral part of the team providing support on a variety of projects, which will give you the opportunity to take on new responsibilities.
Our Manufacturing Projects Include
- Interpreting client requirements, turning them into engineered concepts and designs
- Develop scope of work packages, project work programmes highlighting critical path dependencies
- Produce User and Functional Specifications for use in tendering equipment packages
- Procurement strategy and execution for facilities, equipment and services
- Expedite off-site build, and manage the on-site construction process
- Testing, commissioning, snagging, through to production handover - and commercialisation
- CDM (safety) coordination during design and construction via Principal Designer and Principal Contractor roles
- Machine and area safety compliance
- Product safety compliance
- Sustainable energy solutions and sustainable construction
Do You Have?
- An accredited degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering (MSc or MEng)
- We also consider graduates with Bachelor’s degrees who have had 1 or 2 years post-graduation experience in industry
- Demonstrable ability to understand complex technical problems and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Flexibility to travel UK & International
- A professional business approach with excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We reward our employees with a generous and competitive remuneration package, also ensuring that we support and mentor our graduates, enabling them to achieve Chartered Engineering status in their own time.
We are part of GP Strategies Corp., a global organisation delivering performance change to its customers through technical leadership, engineering projects and people development. We are an ISO9001 company, with tried and tested processes for ensuring the highest levels of quality and conformance.