At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center - Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
To know more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and the Energy Factor India.
What role you will play in our team
Successful candidates will develop their skills and abilities within role in the following areas to lead/be part of a team supporting a wide variety of projects and/or operating facilities, ranging from: small brownfield projects to major capital projects, greenfield to brownfield, onshore to offshore, sweet to sour designs, conventional oil and gas to LNG and downstream Refining and Chemicals. They will be highly integrated with project delivery organizations located outside of India and will work as part of an extended international team in a highly distributed organization, using virtual communication as well as facilitating high quality execution via our Indian contracting partners.
What you will do
Process Engineers will be responsible for the following:
- Conceptual Engineering:
- Executing Facility Concept Selection and Pre-FEED
- Capable of leading capital project development or design efforts through the company Capital Project System
- Leading or as part of an integrated team, develop scope definition for various facility concepts and analyzing/recommending results to maximize business value. Ensure full alignment of recommended scope with Business Teams, Manufacturing Site/Operations, Process Technology Specialists and Engineering Specialists providing design input to cost estimating models.
- Develop required deliverables: Process Simulation models, Equipment Lists, Flow Diagrams (Block, Process, Utility), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Equipment Data Sheets, Layouts, Design Philosophies, Heat & Material Balances, Design Basis documentation, Optimization/Cost Reduction studies, Benchmarking facility design against previous projects / operating facilities
- Provide mentoring, oversight and perform technical reviews of the work of less experienced engineers, ensuring delivery of quality and capital efficiency while meeting schedule requirements
- Engineering Execution:
- Providing Engineering Surveillance of Facilities/Process Engineering deliverables required for FEED and Detailed Design/EPC execution.
- Ensuring compliance with job specification, design methods and safety factors are correctly applied in the design.
- Providing operability reviews for start-up, normal, turndown, and shutdown modes.
- Establishing design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Development and review of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), heat and material balances (H&MBs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) for process safety and operability considerations. Selection and specification of process and process control components
- Participate/lead design reviews, Risk Assessments, HAZOPs, vendor bid evaluations, and project readiness reviews
- Development of the schedule, recommended deliverables, and labor hour estimate for process engineering. Measurement and reporting of physical progress.
- Participate in planning and work allocation process for the process design discipline
- Develop planning documentation for internal company reviews for funding recommendation
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, with GPA 7.0 or above
- Minimum of 5 years of process engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience in oil and gas production facilities or Refining and Chemical facilities, including operating, technical support, or design experience in one or more of the following process areas:
- Conventional Onshore and Offshore Oil and Gas
- LNG (Regasification and Liquefaction)
- Sour Oil and Gas Treatment
- NGL recovery
- Produced Water Treatment
- Associated Utilities and Safety Systems
- Refining Processes
- Chemical Processes
- Hydrogen generation
- Carbon sequestration
- Familiarity with the selection and application of process and utilities systems in the process areas listed above
- Familiarity with safety aspects in design (API 14C/J recommended practices, relief and blowdown, passive and active fire protection, etc.)
- Ability to design new process equipment and rate existing process equipment to determine if it is suitable for modified operating parameters.
- Working capabilities in some of the following programs and data flows between them:
- AspenTech Engineering Suite including HYSYS, Aspen Basic Engineering, Aspen Capital Cost Estimator
- Siemens COMOS
- AVEVA Engineering Suite (Front End Engineering through 3D Modeling)
- Intergraph / Hexagon Engineering Suite
- Other similar types of commercially available engineering suites
- A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build successful working relationships in a virtual environment
- Displays cultural sensitivity within the context of a multicultural and globally distributed team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Strong organizational, planning/coordination, interface, and technical judgment skills.
- Ability to effectively self-priorities activities and demonstrate personal flexibility within the team environment to achieve the business objective
- Ability to interface with non-Engineering disciplines to achieve common objectives
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Willing and able to travel internationally as required
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.