Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Process Engineer 1 at MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan Falls, WI will conduct Process Engineering activities associated with new manufacturing processes or improve existing manufacturing processes. The Engineer will analyze statistical performance of processes and process equipment to ensure minimum variability of product quality from developed systems. Responsibilities and functions to include:
- Conduct experiments to generate data that supports investigations for both internal and external customers
- Technology Transfer support including documentation, development, and implementation
- Maintenance of Technology Transfer Product database(s) and workflow systems
- Development support for new products and new processes
- Design and conduct experiments as required to support new or custom product applications for both internal and external customers
- Conduct batch record analyses to identify process critical parameters for further study to establish process parameter operational thresholds
- Write protocols and report results of studies conducted
- Work with Production, Maintenance, Process Development, QC and QA departments to ensure existing manufacturing processes remain in control
- Initiate, propose and implement optimization projects to reduce quality incidents, manufacturing costs, cycle times and/or increase product yield. Develop project justification and capital project proposal when required
- Design and install new process equipment according to existing site engineering specifications; adhere to site safety requirements during all phases of work
- Take part in and contribute to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time
Who You Are
- B.S. in chemical engineering
- 6+ months of work, internship, or co-op experience in process engineering
- Effective communication skills, with all levels of technical and operating personnel, both internal and external
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective scientific problem-solving skills
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a productive manner
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- 1+ year of experience with ChemCAD or other modeling simulation programs
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.merckgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html