The Medium Voltage (MV) Business Unit of Siemens Energy is looking for highly qualified Engineers for our Medium Voltage Switchgears group. As Mechanical Engineer you will work on the development of mechanical designs and drawings adjusting to current regulations and standards to fulfill customers expectations.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with home office and flex hours, working to reach goals.
• Been a part of a culture of constant recognition and rewards for your great ideas!
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
What will you do?
Advices on product design with regards to product manufacturability. Creates manufacturing solutions incl. Environment, coordinates product ramp up and drives continuous improvement topics.
* Analyzes product specifications, and clarifies product requirements and manufacturing aspects with accountable R&D, Engineering and/or Product Management.
* Develops and calculates product modifications needed to increase efficiency of production, and contributes to re-engineering.
* Provides detailed information on product specifications and on pieces and parts needed for product completion.
* Plans equipment layout, tools and IT programs needed, and designs or contributes to design the manufacturing workflow. Cooperates in these aspects with other respective Engineers.
* Analyzes manufacturing sequences during pilot series and test and analyzes manufacturability of pre-series samples. May recommend product changes and implements production amendments.
* Conducts improvements projects on site or unit level, and liaises with other engineering functions, external vendors or service providers.
* Ensures appropriate process and product documentation."
What will you need to succed?
Bachelor as Metal mechanics engineering or related
Lean Manufacturing knowledge
Intermediate English level
1 to 3 years of experience in related areas
8 D's knowledge
Uses Autocad software
Production line balance knowledge
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.