Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are currently looking for experienced Petroleum Engineering
Specialist to join us in the Unconventional Reservoir Engineering Department (URED) within Unconventional Resources (UR) Business Line, based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
The PE Specialist will report to the Head of UR Development Strategy and Reserves
Division and shall have broad experience in the oil and gas upstream business with skills in subsurface evaluation and petroleum economics. We are seeking petroleum engineering professionals with in-depth knowledge in the following specialties: (1)
Economic Evaluation, Business Planning and budgeting (2) Field development and depletion plans (3) Investment decision analysis (including risk and uncertainty).
URED provides high-level technical support to upstream management in all areas related to unconventional field development within the Kingdom. This role requires both depth and breadth of critical technical expertise, managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills. The specialist will provide strategic options for unconventional development with emphasis on economic evaluation. The successful candidate will apply holistic modeling and decision analysis techniques to support value optimization of the full upstream portfolio within the Company’s upstream strategy.
Also, will have significant liaison responsibilities with several organizations including Finance, Corporate Strategy & Market Analysis and Reserves.
• Carry out economic Modeling for ongoing development as part of commerciality assessment
• Perform economic evaluation to support fast-paced development decisions and work closely with Corporate Finance, Strategy and Reserves groups
• Carry out Risk & Uncertainty assessment of technical and financial components
• Perform Specific scenario planning and sensitivity studies as directed by Management
• closely work with multi-disciplinary teams to strategize and implement field development plans
• Conversant with Reserves estimation, validation and booking for unconventional plays
• Conversant with business planning process. Short & Long range planning, portfolio ranking.
• Provide economic & operational benchmarking of North American Unconventional Plays
• Develop and implement new work processes, best technical practices, governance and controls
• Coach and mentor less experienced Saudi engineers and effectively explain ideas,
concepts, and techniques. Represent Saudi Aramco in external forums.
Bachelor's degree in Petroleum engineering or related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree in Petroleum Economics or Statistics would be an advantage.
We are targeting 15-20 years’ experience with at least 5-8 years in unconventional plays including shale, tight sand or channel reservoir. US or Canadian experience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in unconventional green field development. Knowledge of the following applications (or similar) is required: PEEP, MOSAIC, Enersight, PVTsim, ProjectRA and Spotfire.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle ambiguity in analysis
• Strong computer and Data analysis/Statistical skills, visualization with Spotfire
• Proficient with economic sensitivities along with Business Planning acumen
• Solid organizational and time management skills. Ability to work with limited data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to generate Management Reports
• Broad knowledge in drilling, stimulation and production technologies
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.