Design/Project Development Engineer (High Pressure Transmission)
Due to our current phase of exciting growth and transformation, a number of Design/Project Development Engineer Opportunities have arisen in the Gas Transmission Network Engineering team at National Grid.
If you have extensive experience in providing specialist technical capability in the development and enhancement of High Pressure Systems and/or integrated networks (chemical, mechanical, gas or utility industry) we would like to hear from you.
- Contribute to the development of asset solutions to meet the current and future UK gas transportation requirements.
- Work alongside Analysts to develop system / asset designs and studies to deliver business objectives and targets.
- Contribute to the creation of Basis of Design Documents - the initial design brief for the eventual asset solution.
- Develop and validate forward looking plans to ensure that capacity on the network is not compromised/restricted
- Initiate specialist technical, engineering and commercial studies, utilising internal and external providers, to evaluate: technical options, asset, site and system capabilities; and innovative design solutions.
- Lead, supervise or operate within a project team or virtual team to achieve business objectives, plans and targets to enhance performance, condition, records and compliance with statutory requirements
What we’re looking for
Good communicators that can influence and build relationships across all levels of the organisation. Sound knowledge of; high pressure networks, process plant and/or integrated networks.
For this role, you will be educated to a minimum of a HND equivalent in an engineering discipline such as chemical, mechanical, gas, or civil engineering.
Member of an Institution at Incorporated Engineer status preferred.
This is an exceptional opportunity to display and develop your skills with a high profile company, as well as the chance to take advantage of long term opportunities in the future as we continue to grow and develop. If you can rise to the challenge and responsibility of ensuring the UK gas transmission pipeline system continues to operate in a safe, effective and compliant manner, then this is the role for you.
- Salary range from £35k-50k dependant on your experience
- Salary reviewed each year based on your skills and knowledge for the role and your performance
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 statutory days and an option to buy extra holiday days
- An Annual Performance Bonus of up to 5% of your salary
- A generous pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Register your interest
To have your CV reviewed and considered for these opportunities, please click on the Apply button and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Please state your current salary through the application process when prompted.