Process Engineer – Wastewater
Are you a motivated and accomplished Process Engineer - Wastewater who dreams of living and working in Australia? GHD can offer you the opportunity to work with world class professionals on inspiring projects in Newcastle, Australia. A spectacular region of New South Wales where you can enjoy a great relaxed lifestyle with beaches, lakes, rivers, mountains and vineyards all close by.
GHD has a reputation for providing sustainable water solutions covering every element of the water cycle for urban, rural and industrial water applications. We are seeking a candidate like you to enhance our innovative delivery, inject experience into our team and support growth of our regional presence in the Hunter and Northern NSW regions of Australia.
Process Engineer – Wastewater, Newcastle Australia
Based in our Newcastle office this exciting role requires a motivated, experienced and innovative engineer to provide technical leadership in the areas of physical and chemical treatment of Wastewater. This role works closely with the group manager to win work, and ensure our client’s projects are effectively resourced and delivered.
There is also the opportunity to develop the water business in a regional sense including a host of regional water authorities and local authorities, as well working with other GHD offices in the delivery of water based projects.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of Wastewater
- Preparation and/or review of fee proposals
- Undertake and manage technical delivery of projects. This will include planning, design and documentation of water and wastewater infrastructure such as water storage facilities, water treatment and reticulation, wastewater reticulation, pumping and treatment plants
- Client liaison and management
- Complete projects to a high technical standard
- Deliver projects on time
- Control budget, maintain and update project budgets in GHD’s software system
- Work with other staff to get the job done and gain mutual satisfaction
- Ability and willingness to assist to grow and mentor other staff
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a leader in this field with over 10 years’ wastewater process engineering experience
- Have extensive experience in design of biological nutrient removal systems and knowledge of relevant legislation and environmental regulations
- Exhibit a client focused attitude and a keen willingness to develop and grow a business in the water sector regionally
- Hold a relevant Bachelor Degree qualification, such as Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering
- Offer extensive experience in winning, managing and delivering projects across a range of market sectors
- Knowledge and experience with industry standard design and modelling packages
As the successful candidate, your desire to grow and empower others, and a willingness to deliver high quality services to our clients will be key to your success at GHD.
GHD will offer the successful applicant relocation assistance and visa application support for this position.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
To learn about other exciting opportunities at GHD please visit the careers page of our company website, www.ghd.com.
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Tania Smee, Recruitment Coordinator, +61 2 4979 9920.