Process Engineer for our site in Runcorn.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer on our Manufacturing Site in Runcorn. This is a full time permanent position reporting to our Technical Team Manager where the successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering the Process developments, manufacturing improvement and technical support activities for the Runcorn Assets.
The Runcorn Vynova Asset is currently undergoing a major investment programme, with the new plant undergoing commissioning through the second half of 2023. This is an excellent time to join our dynamic team as there will be substantial responsibility from day 1 as you will help drive the asset through this critical period.
- Support technical commissioning of significant investment and plant start up ensuring robust processes are used for control of change and to maintain safe operating envelope.
- Ensure timely and effective process technical trouble shooting support is delivered to the Production Organisation to deliver SHE, quality, volume and variable cost targets against Business objectives.
- Closely monitor plant and equipment performance to initiate early action to avoid escalation of SHE or manufacturing issues and to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Develop models and monitoring tools to improve the understanding of plant behaviour and to allow analysis and evaluation of future development opportunities for the Runcorn Asset.
- Lead management of change processes for proposed plant alterations, using process and production experience
- Ensure delivery of process specifications for minor projects for the Runcorn Assets, in line with Process Engineering and legislative guidelines, ensuring that the Process SHE standards are upheld.
- Provide Technical support for Plant Turnarounds including management of Confined Space entries and entry programme
- Deliver robust monitoring and recording processes for specific Environmental legislation and reporting requirements, identifying improvements and technical opportunities including maintaining “up-to-date” working knowledge of current legislation in relation to the sites processes.
- To act as Technical Duty Manager (out of hours rota basis)
- Meng Chemical/Process Engineering
- Chartered Chemical Engineer (or working towards Chartership)
- 3-5 years in the Chemical Industry
- Robust experience of task related technical knowledge
- Production experience preferable or must be keen to develop this experience
- Confident to work independently.
- A natural collaborator
- Competent in MS Office including O365, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full clean driving licence
What we can offer:
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package with a generous holiday allowance, pension plan and subsidised healthcare.