Unilever is currently hiring for an environmental ENGINEER in ISTANBUL BESAN FACTORY.
A Great Supply Chain is the key winning formula for everyday's business world and supply chain is the spine of success in every company.
If you are looking for a job where you will find a delightful combination of strategy, creativity and execution that changes the score of the game by creating value
If you are looking for team members with passion for success, ability and will to make use of change and to win at all times. We are an organization growing proudly with real value creation.
Join us to add your mark to the list of “Made by You”.
We are looking for Environment Engineer to work at Istanbul Besan Factory.
What you can expect from the role:
- Documentation and making necessary revisions on ISO 14001 Environmental & ISO 45001 Management System
- Follow up of legal requirements, summarize and adopt to new legislation
- To make any kind of legal and regulatory reporting requirements within the organization
- Establish and maintain environmental stakeholder relationships
- Apply knowledge and understanding of environmental legislation and both Turkish and International standards/regulations
- Reporting and interpretation of monthly and annual environmental data
- Creation & updating of annual and long-term energy saving & energy efficiency plans
- Keeping up with the global and local trends in energy and sustainability
- Preparing, reviewing, and updating environmental investigation and recommendation reports
- Ensure all activities are in line with WCM practices, food safety and workplace safety requirements
- Evaluation of the SDS reports of the chemicals used in the factory within the scope of environmental & OH
- Execution of chemical acceptance & approval system, updating chemical risk assessments
- Ensure the wastewater treatment plant and waste management are carried out in accordance with the regulations, making the necessary controls,
- Work closely with safety team to improve safety & environmental culture
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal committees and safety committee
- Support the site leader in leading incident investigation and analysis
- Assist the site leader to improve R2S and other UMS programme
- Develop and deploy internal SHE audits and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organisations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
Does this sound like you?
- Confident communicator with a persuasive, credible and empathic personal style
- Identifying areas of process improvement, service enhancement, related strategic projects, and opportunities to increase the scope of the service.
- With strong business acumen and analytical skills, you must be able to understand the businesses talent needs and provide analytical/commentary insight to equip the business in onboarding future fit talent to fuel business growth
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- University degree in Environmental Engineering or relevant Engineering degree
- Minimum two years of related work experience (preferably in food industry)
- WCM Manufacturing knowledge (preferably)
- ISO 14001 & ISO 45001(preferably) management system knowledge
- Strong analytical thinking
- Good command of English
- Living or willing to live in Istanbul & Kocaeli
- Military service completed for male candidates
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. You will be a part of a team with global and local leaders and colleagues who provide mentorship and inspiration so that you can become a better you! You can innovate, disrupt, and influence here at Unilever as we are TALENT CONNECTORS THAT MAKE EXPERIENCES HAPPEN!
Note: Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicates from all walks of life! We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment journey. If you require any support to complete your application or any subsequent stage throughout your recruitment journey with us at Unilever, then please specific how we may be able to assist you.
APPLY FOR A BETTER YOU. A BETTER WORLD. A BETTER BUSINESS
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.