51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Determines methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and selects the most efficient and economical manner for meeting objectives. Applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis. Is fully conversant in the profession and proficient in the utilization of current engineering theories and practices. May serve as a technical consultant in an area of specialty. May provide discipline supervision for one larger or one or more smaller projects
- Serve as Area Lead Process Engineer for Offshore Projects for all phases of Project lifecycle from Conceptual Process Development, through Front End and Detailed Design.
- Lead the development of gas system, which includes Vapor Recovery Unit, Field Gas Compression, Dehydration, Gas Lift System, Fuel Gas and Gas Buyback Systems.
- Coordinate activities to ensure efficient multi-office execution of process design work. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of process software packages such as Pro/II, Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Plus, Chemcad, Unisim, HTRI, Pressure Profile Suite (PPS), Hydra, Aspen Flarenet, Simsci lnPlant, Pipenet and AFT Fathom.
- Prepare, check and approve process deliverables for offshore platforms including heat and material balances, PFDs, P&IDs, utility summaries, relief valve analyses, flare studies, process sizing for major equipment, process data for instrumentation and line lists.
- Resolve process safety issues from HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA & SIL assessments. Deliver weight (and cost) reduction on Offshore floating topsides designs.
- Prepare Process Engineering budgets, schedules, and process execution plans for World Scale Offshore Topsides Facilities for floating platforms.
- Lead an area for the process team for Offshore Platform Development, including setting assignments for process engineers, delegating work and following up, acting as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) Checker for all aspects of topsides process design. Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for safe design of Offshore Facilities; including design of overpressure protection systems, emergency blowdown systems, and design of the flare systems.
- Prepare standards and design philosophies for topsides designs for the Gulf of Mexico. Resolve flow assurance and plan for off-design and emergency issues for offshore platforms, including slug and hydrate management, wax and scale, black start facilities requirement determination and design, emergency de-pressuring requirement determination and system design, dead-oiling and hot oiling.
- Design and size Offshore Mercury Removal Systems; and develop Topsides Mercury Management Plans.
- Specify requirements and designs for pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up procedure development.
- Act as SME to specify requirements and approve final designs for offshore platform inlet receiving facilities, interface with subsea systems, oil separation, gas dehydration, gas compression, gas lift, H2S removal, oil stabilization, mercury removal; Includes specifying the scope of work and managing third party specialty consultants. Act as SME to specify requirements and approve final designs for all aspects of offshore utility and support systems including fuel gas, flare, heat medium systems, cooling water systems.
- Specify, lead and / or conduct process optimizations for topsides weight reductions. Act as SME in the generation of Safety Performance Standards (Safety Critical Items) for Offshore facilities. Identify Project Risks and generate and implement mitigation measures.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and process engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Ten (10) years of process engineering experience, including experience in refining operations, including engineering of grassroot refinery projects, revamp projects, and offshore projects, experience with process software packages such as Pro/II, Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Plus, Chemcad, Unisim, HTRI, Pressure Profile Suite (PPS), Hydra, Aspen Flarenet, Simsci lnPlant, Pipenet and AFT Fathom, and experience delivering weight (and cost) reduction on Offshore floating topsides designs.
- Five (5) years of experience as Area Lead Process Engineer on offshore projects.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.