YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Process Safety Engineer, are to:
- Evaluate tactical decisions and long-term direction to the direct area performance goals related to safety;
- Ensure process compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) guidelines, pressure safety design, and site safety standards;
- Develop strategies for improving Process and Plant Safety performance for the site by working with the corporate safety team;
- Lead and Support Process Hazard Analysis activities or the site and help with proper closure of recommendations;
- Support Pressure Safety and Incident Investigation team at the site;
- Analyze site and plant performance issues related to safety, leading to the proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Review and approve the Management of Change process for the site as a safety representative;
- Ensure adherence to procedures, guidelines, design standards, and safeguards across the site as a subject matter expert;
- Lead or represent the site on corporate teams;
- Maintain an understanding of site operations, attend project reviews and review the management of changes for the assigned manufacturing area to determine safety impact on an independent basis;
- Develop and deliver training for plant employees to comply with external and internal regulations when needed;
- Audit site safety programs as well as participate as an auditor during internal regional compliance audits and global management system audits;
- Support the analysis and resolution of minor operation interruptions and upsets related to safety issues;
- Foster experience exchange and promote knowledge transfer with other site Engineers;
- Promote the continued development of self and area personnel through peer coaching and providing constructive feedback.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of eight years of industrial manufacturing experience or a Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related Engineering discipline with six years of industrial manufacturing experience;
- Broader technical background in process safety and chemical processes to effectively analyze, recommend changes and make complex decisions for safe operation;
- Experience working as Process Safety Engineer in the Chemical process industry, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and Pressure Safety;
- Teamwork and facilitating the work of a team;
- Analytical troubleshooting skills;
- Communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, B