At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer, are to:
- Develop and drive a strong continuous improvement culture across the site by proposing and conducting continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the site to use process mapping tools (i.e. Value Stream Mapping, SIPOC) to identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and process improvements;
- Lead and participate in investigations of area performance issues related to quality, safety, capacity, reliability, etc. by using problem solving tools (i.e. DMAIC, Fishbone, 5 Whys, PDCA, A3) to identify the root cause(s), brainstorm solutions, and implement solutions;
- Utilize risk management tools to evaluate and address risk as process improvements are implemented;
- Collaborate with teams to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) drive performance improvements and strategic decisions;
- Coach and guide employees across the site to implement lean methodologies and management best practices to increase production reliability. (i.e. Gemba, 5S, Kaizen, Visual Management);
- Utilize management best practices to drive standardization across site subareas;
- Provide technical leadership to drive the use of project tracking tools and lead site level reviews of project metrics;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal regulations and company policies including regulatory policies, Integrated Management System policies, HSE programs, and business conduct policies;
- Lead and work cohesively as a team member, interacting and building positive working relationships within the organization;
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and feedback.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Integrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Experience with production and/or relevant production systems and tools (KPI tracking, Six sigma, Lean, Agile methods, as example SCRUM);
- Demonstrated ability to use highly innovative approaches to solving problems and ability to work on numerous projects at the same time.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly present information and influence others through written/oral communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional teams to drive business outcomes.
- Experience with change and project management.
- Minimum of 6 years previous production and/or relevant production systems experience;
- Certified in LEAN or Six sigma;
- General knowledge of breeding, crop production, farming practices, and seed processing technology.
Domestic relocation may be provided for this role.
Sponsorship may be provided for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer colleagues are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.