Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2022 revenues of approximately $10.6 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This position is for an experienced Chemical Engineer to support manufacturing, pilot plant, and lab scale process improvement and scale-up within Technology.
The job responsibilities are as follows:
1) Develop methods and strategies to scale up new products and processes from lab to pilot to manufacturing scales.
2) Develop technical expertise in pilot and manufacturing processes to identify opportunities to improve safety, cost position, quality, and/or capacity.
3) Propose and execute production trials and tests on lab, pilot, and manufacturing scales. Utilize design of experiment methodology where applicable.
4) Troubleshoot daily operational issues - interface with operations and maintenance personnel as problems are addressed.
5) Partner with colleagues as part of cross-functional teams including technology, manufacturing, businesses, HSES, and other functions to drive process improvement projects, growth programs, and business initiatives.
6) Provide project leadership and develop lab, pilot plant, and manufacturing trials and experiments.
7) Provide timely communications to management and project stakeholders by communicating project needs, value, priorities, and decisions to ensure project success.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.