LyondellBasell is staffing for a Production Engineer for the Channelview, TX Manufacturing Complex, located 18 miles from downtown Houston. Our 4,000-acre Channelview Complex consists of two olefin units at the north side facility that manufacture ethylene, propylene, butadiene and benzene. The south side facility uses many of these products to produce propylene oxide, styrene monomer and other derivatives.
The Production Engineer will provide daily monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization of a defined operating area in the ChannThe Production Engineer will provide daily monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization of a defined operating area in the Channelview Propylene Oxide / Styrene Monomer units to ensure safe, environmentally compliant, reliable operation, while maximizing on stream time and profitability.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identifies, collaborates, recommends, documents, and implements initiatives to improve unit performance, with the goal to capture incremental production at the lowest cost
- Coordinates with Operations to remove operational constraints
- Develops and communicates unit performance and improvement strategies (production, reliability, environmental)
- Supports gap closure and continuous improvement activities by providing engineering calculations and justifications for new projects and participating in capital, expense and special project scope development, execution, support, and training
- Determines causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption
- Leads Management of Change process (MOC/PSSR)
- Provides technical expertise for PHAs, relief valves, incident investigations, safety system disablement, and other process safety activities in the area
- Provides unit support during troubleshooting, turnarounds, startups, shutdowns, catalyst changes, and other non-routine unit activities
- Monitors performance of catalyst and ordering, planning, and executing catalyst replacement as needed
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering is required
- 4 or more years of experience in a refining, petrochemical, or chemical environment is desired
- Knowledgeable in chemical and process engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering concepts to solve performance problems
- Knowledgeable in HSE/PSM regulations
- Demonstrated ability to be a valued member of a team
- Good troubleshooting skills and techniques
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell – a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to unlock value for our customers, investors and society. As one of the world’s largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.