Pipeline is seeking a Process Engineer to join the Markham storage facility team. In this position, you will take ownership of day-to-day activities for the storage facility, such as providing daily technical support and leadership to drive improvement of operations, maintenance, process safety, and reliability programs.
• Resolves problems through troubleshooting & operator knowledge
• Implements solutions in a timely manner
• Determines root causes and issues technical solutions as necessary to support operational goals for production, reliability and quality.
• Responsible for complying with corporate and Pipeline Process Safety programs including: MOC, PCA, PHA, Facility/Building Siting, Risk Management, Loss Prevention, etc.
Critical competencies include:
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Knowledgeable in chemical and process engineering aspects
• Ability to apply engineering concepts to solve operational problems
• Knowledgeable of safety design systems
• Knowledgeable in the HSE/PSM regulations and relevant company Operational Excellence standards
• Experience developing process design packages, project scopes, and related economics
• Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and techniques
• Self-directed, able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Knowledgeable in Six Sigma, FMEA and/or RCA methodologies
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience in the petrochemical industry
• Hydrocarbon storage experience is highly desirable
• Ability to apply engineering concepts to solve operational issues
• Knowledgeable of safety design systems, HSE and OSHA's Process Safety Management regulations
• Demonstrated knowledge of statistical application such as Six Sigma as well as incident investigation methodologies such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and/or Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.