Join a team that’s passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
- Employing 36,500 individuals
- Across 109 manufacturing sites
- In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
- Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants.
- Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives and lubricants, and more.
- Coatings: Whether it’s a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability.
- Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priority—because sharing our perspectives and building on each other’s ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
Dow Thailand Group is looking for Project Engineering Manager located in Map Ta Phut, Rayong. Your responsible to lead the engineering activities for capital and expense projects through the Front End Loading, Detailed Design, Construction and Start-up phases of the project cycle. Leads the multi-discipline engineering effort for a capital project or serves as project lead. Represents the most senior project engineers for site executed work at Dow’s regional engineering centers or individuals executing smaller large projects for one of Dow’s global engineering centers. Works on projects globally, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and divestitures, ranging in size from MET implementation in one plant to enterprise solution rollouts across the globe to hundreds of plants. Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Work with plant improvement engineer to define project scope
- Coordinates with other departments, consultants, attorneys, utilities, regulatory agencies and government agencies
- Manage the production of engineering deliverables, procurement of engineered equipment, administration of construction subcontracts, and the overall safety, cost, schedule, quality of assigned projects.
- Developing and implementing a project execution plan that meets with company project management process
- Keeping to the control budget within the objectives established for the project
- Closely work with plant operation representative to ensure business values are delivered as committed
- Manage EPCM project to meet company objectives
- Monitor and publish project performance KPI
- Turnover project document to maintenance and operation
- Close out the project
Skills / Qualifications:
- Extensive experience working successfully in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment
- Strong leadership and be able to make decision and drive decision process
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in downstream refining and chemicals, or related process industries
- Expertise that encompasses client development, proposal support, planning, estimating, scheduling, project controls, and multi-discipline project execution
- Experience working in an engineering services and construction environment, with experience in managing Engineering only, EPC and EPCM projects
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in engineering or related discipline
- Mastery of industry best practices published by PMI or IPA
- Professional Engineer licensure is strongly preferred.
- Excellent English communication skill
- Global Project Methodology
- Organization Structure
- Budgeting and Cost Structure
- Site EH&S programs
- Management of Change (MOC)
- Site Environmental & Waste Management System
- Construction Waste Management Procedure
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.