BASF is currently building a new Verbund site in Zhanjiang, Guangdong province. Announced in July 2018 and officially commenced in November 2019, BASF Guangdong Verbund site project would be BASF's largest investment with up to US$10 billion upon completion and would be operated under the sole responsibility of BASF. The site would ultimately be the third-largest BASF site worldwide, and will be built into a role model for smart manufacturing and sustainable production by utilizing the latest digital technologies and applying the highest safety standards.
- Responsible Care
- According to corporate, company and statutory EHS requirements, review and ensure the implementation the relevant production safety policies and procedures to fulfil company commitment to Responsible Care.
- Support CP Operations ZJ management to improve employee safety awareness to prevent the incidents and improvement on work safety.
- Ensure and monitor the implementing of all the EHS related activities in the plants for our license to operate.
- AMP (Asset Management Plan)
- Set up AMP for the production facility together with supervisor, provide training for teams in operation, asset management and maintenance
- Work together closely with plant and global technology, to set-up AMP with the plant requirements and plant capabilities.
- Leading PDCA activities (Bad Actor Program) of AMP to optimize the total life cycle cost of the installation.
- Ensure sustainable budget management together with plant and maintenance team
- Assets Reliability Management
- To participate in the site assets management community, develop and implement of plant assets management plan (AMP) as well as the operational maintenance concepts (incl. EHS aspects).
- To drive & work with plant/BU for plant assets effectiveness (AE) improvement. Support plants to achieve optimal assets availability and life cycle cost according to the requirements of the product and production strategies.
- To improve plant reliability via introduction of BAP management program and RCFA methodology application and practice.
- Operational synergy & optimization
- Continuously strive for synergy and optimization among existing plants/facilities
- Responsible for setting up and monthly updating the defined KPIs relevant to assets (asset effectiveness) of the plant and deducing the resulting need for action.
- To select and sustainably use of optimization tools, and support plants to build up technical competency and to train production people via monthly site assets management meetings.
- Operational process standardization & assessment
- Support plant/BU to standardize their plant assets management process, as well as support to set-up assets management procedures for BIG.
- Be responsible for creation and provision of site asset-related assessment - e.g. about the progress and prognosis of asset state, to support decision-making.
- Assets management excellence
- Help plants to derive their specific need for action with regard to an optimized shutdown strategy or measures to increase plant reliability.
- To support site level asset excellence programs, i.e. responsible for plant alarm management, statistically monitor and analyse DCS alarm data, and propose meaningful changes for sustainable, reliable and robust productions.
- To further optimize the site technical cost benchmark via various initiatives together with COE and other functions.
- Education: Bachelor or Master w/ technical background, majored in Mechanical, Chemical or E&I- engineering
- Working Experience: at least 10 years or more relevant experiences (Site Asset-/ Maintenance- and or Production-/Process-Management)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: SHE knowledge, equipment, machinery, DCS/ Materials / Piping Engineering, Leadership skills. Being able to communicate effectively in English, Basic finance & accounting knowledge, TAR and reliability knowledge.