Manufacturing Technology Manager
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 90 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier and safer life. We are looking to hire a Manufacturing Technology Manager (MTM) to join our Precision Parts & Solutions manufacturing technology organization at our Ohio (Valley View/ Stow) site locations.
The MT Manager provides technical expertise/leadership for the Precision Parts & Solutions LOB driving manufacturing technology (MT) improvement and productivity programs and supporting manufacturing operations to maintain production performance and overall process capability. We are looking for someone who has a substantial background in process technology, manufacturing process optimization and improvement, performing complex and varied responsibilities within the technology function including project prioritization to achieve operations and business goals. Also, provides technical guidance and development of team including early career professionals.
NOTE: Visa sponsorship/support is NOT available for this position, including any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process and/or future work visa renewals (e.g., F-1 (CPT or OPT), H-1B, O-1, TN, etc.) New hires must have a valid SSN number prior to hire to obtain employment with DuPont.
- Act as an advisor providing key resources to site/unit operations leadership team and may become actively involved leading team, as required, to meet EHS, production schedules, productivity goals and growth plans.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how manufacturing technology (MT) organization integrates with key stakeholders throughout integrated operations, product management, R&D and contract manufacturers; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the business/processes in the market.
- Guides and prioritizes the process technology and continuous improvement activities of MT individual contributors accountable for similar responsibilities and performing moderately diverse activities.
- Works in collaboration with operations; contribute to and executes business, functional, process development/or product strategies.
- Impact of work reflects directly on the overall team for quality of process execution and responsiveness to business needs.
- Operates with latitude for action and decision-making; uses overall MT managing processes and systems as well as judgment to make decisions that affect own area of responsibility within the business/function.
- Solves technical or operational problems (with or without vague/unstructured aspects); takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology is required
- 10 years of Semi-conductor, Engineering Management, Discrete Manufacturing or R&D/Process Development background is required for this role.
- Direct line management (will initially oversee 8-10 engineers in this role) highly preferred
- Willing to travel up to 25% domestically to other site locations required
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma training/certification/ statistical process control (SPC) experience preferred
NOTE: This is an onsite not a remote or hybrid role. However, there is flexibility within this role.
Key competencies needed to be successful within this role: Team-building, development of others, strong communication skills, project management skills and business acumen.
Key reasons for you to apply:
- On-going learning and personal development opportunities in a rewarding work environment.
- Start or continue on a career journey that can span different businesses, projects and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Additionally, diversity, equity and inclusion are central to our high-performing culture.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.