At DuPont, we are working on things that matter, whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
We are seeking for a Project Team Leader to join our Midland, MI team.
The successful candidate will report to the Water Business & Capital Engineering Leader (BEL) withing the W&P Organization and is responsible for the success of all aspects of capital project execution for the Water BU in Midland. Success is measured by safe project execution, budget control, project schedule compliance, quality of project deliverables, and contribution to business improvement. The position encompasses both people leadership with direct reports and tactical responsibilities.
The Midland W&P PTL will work closely with the W&P BEL Midland Site Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities – People Leadership:
- Responsible for overall W&P Midland capital execution, processes and systems and ensuring project engineering effectiveness and optimum utilization of design resources in support of the site businesses’ capital programs.
- Areas of responsibility, for the site, include Project Management, Engineering Design, Project Procurement, Capital Construction, liaison with Contract Administration/Contractor Management, Warehousing of project equipment and materials, operating area turnaround support, infrastructure, and utility capital improvements, and functioning as the owner of the site’s capital execution process for <$500,000 projects (aka minor or aggregate capital).
- Facilitates the site’s evergreen capital portfolio planning process, along with Area and Site Leadership for operations, technology, maintenance, and R&D, to generate a clearly defined and prioritized list of projects to be implemented for a given capital allocation. Includes facilitating routine discussions regarding the project priorities for the site.
- Responsible for monthly actual Site Project spend reconciliation and forecasting of Capital and CAWC expenditures
- Robust QA program for capital projects that addresses contracted project engineering and design support, engineered equipment fabrication, and installation quality by construction contractors.
- Ensures Site Project Engineering & Project Management resource capability (Owner and Contractor) is consistent with the business direction, aligns with the expectations of the Electronics and Imaging capital engineering leadership, and delivers a competitive advantage.
- Responsible for Leverage Engineering capability from contractor partners and other E&I site teams.
- Mentors and provides guidance to the site capital engineering resources
- Works with the capital execution leader relative to resourcing capital workload and interactions with key contractors/suppliers.
- Ensure appropriate Construction inputs are provided in a timely manner to influence and determine construction execution strategies during the FEL process. Bring DuPont organizations/competencies to bear throughout End to End project process in alignment with Owner’s Role.
- Works closely with Capital Engineering Leader and Regional Capital Execution Leaders to develop appropriate execution strategy for major projects.
- Member of Site Staff/Site Leadership Team.
Responsibilities – Project Leadership
- Leads designated capital projects at the site personally.
- Ensures the project has clearly stated business objectives, and that those are well understood by the project team.
- Ensures adequate basic data is provided to begin project front end loading and design.
- Translates the business objectives into project scope and takes accountability to execute the scope from concept until turnover to the end user.
- Accountable for project cost and schedule control and for the quality of the facilities/processes installed by the project.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving business and project results on capital projects.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities and priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrates a value for diversity.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating, planning, networking, organizing, influencing and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change
- A solid foundation working within a disciplined capital project managing process
- BS or MS degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil)
- > 5 years of Capital project management experience.
- > 3 years of Field/Construction Management experience
- Manufacturing/industrial plant experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
* Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.