Auris Health, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Engineer within our Robotics and Digital Solutions (RADS) organization! This position will be based at Santa Clara, CA while supporting the Redwood City, CA and San Jose, CA sites.
Johnson & Johnson MedTech is focused on shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopaedics, endoluminal intervention and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH® platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, Santa Clara, and San Jose), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team where we believe Sustainability and Safety is a dedication from the heart, and we take an active interest in others and look out for their safety every day? Apply today!
As our Senior Environmental Engineer, you are responsible for leading the Environmental Compliance Monitoring Programs to build a proactive Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) culture. This role supports all aspects of the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management System at all Auris Health locations in the Bay area as well as other J&J locations in California. You will serve as an influential member of the different leadership teams, who impacts decision making and takes an active role in promoting cross-site initiatives, team work and collaboration across site functions.
Key Responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Ensure a high level of Environmental performance for the site.
- Provide technical expertise for all Environmental programs: ISO 14001/ISO50001, chemical substance management, air, waste, water (including stormwater), tanks, sustainability and emergency preparedness.
- Prepare and submit all Environmental Reports such as BAAQMD Annual Data Updates, CUPA HMBP, CARB State Programs: Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting, and Refrigerant Management Program, including gathering/verifying/validating data, reviewing for potential exemptions, and conducting threshold and release calculations
- Ensure in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations, as well as J&J EHS Standards including Management of Change.
- Partner with local management to develop and implement a site CAPA process to address EHS program deficiencies and ensure EHS regulatory compliance.
- Bring global best practices into the site and actively share site perspective, knowledge and lessons learned to contribute and support a best-in-class professional level of EHS globally.
- Set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments, provide adequate coaching/counseling to site functional leaders on EHS programs/processes via dashboards & reports.
- Perform analysis for reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies and J&J's corporate offices as appropriate and/or required.
- Perform routine EHS assessments, utilize the J&J Program Reviews, Assurance Audit, and Self Assessments to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk.
- Lead incident investigations for all reported incidents, injuries, including First Aid and Good Saves.
- Minimum Bachelor’s or equivalent University Degree required; advanced degree or focused degree in EHS, Engineering, Science or related field preferred
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Environmental compliance experience with emphasis on ISO 14001, Chemical Management, air emissions, and Manufacturing experience
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and controlling Environmental risks in the workplace
- Ability to lead local EHS professionals and manage additional multi-site EHS resources
- Proficient in MS SharePoint and MS Office software programs
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action
- Ability and willingness to travel to other locations
- Manufacturing/R&D experience in a highly regulated environment
- Technical/working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
- Supervisory experience
- Certifications in CIH, CHMM, CSP, and/or ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor
- Technical experience in diverse Environmental areas of air, water, hazardous and medical waste, and/or chemical handling
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Requires up to 10% domestic travel
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $ 83,800 to $ 117,300
- The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
- Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
- For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .