We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, ng-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work.
BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Process Safety Specialist – Catalyst (2002579) – Seneca, SC or Huntsville, AL
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to work together with the Catalysts teams to protect our people, plants, communities and reputation from the hazards of our processes and products.
As a specialist in Process Safety, you will provide process safety expertise to safely carry out our operations by identifying and controlling the hazards of 1) the materials we handle, 2) the chemical processes we run, and 3) the physical equipment we use. By leading design reviews for new and existing processes, you will help ensure the safe design and on-going operation of our facilities, reducing the risk of accidents, injuries and illnesses to employees and customers.
You will be tasked with continually improving your technical competency in process safety and that of your colleagues involved with the design and operation of our sites. This can be demonstrated by providing expert consultation on process safety issues and developing and delivering specific process safety training content, courses and seminars across the Catalysts (CC) community.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for interpreting, communicating, and developing compliance strategies for Company, federal, state and provincial requirements, including Responsible Care® activities, as they impact the operations of the Company and our customers and partners.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Providing Process Safety expertise as you lead the process hazard review process for both capital projects and existing assets, you will ensure the safe, environmentally sound and sustainable design and operation of CC sites.
· Leveraging your education in Engineering or Science (professional certification in Engineering and/or Safety preferred) and your experience in the implementation of Process Safety programs, you will develop and implement Process Safety programs and culture to improve the safe operation of the CC sites. This includes the development of global plant safety concepts and providing the appropriate process safety level expertise for participation, review and approval of initial site plant safety concepts and clean sheet reviews.
· Any experience you may have in manufacturing or direct manufacturing support roles with an understanding of chemical processing and technologies will be a valued asset as you provide incident investigation support as required, including analysis of incident root cause data, development of effective measures to prevent recurrence, and communication of key lessons learned.
· As a subject matter expert, you will develop and/or deliver specific Process Safety training for the CC community and provide technical content to those programs.
· Your superior organizational and communication skills will serve you well as you identify, collect, and validate information necessary to effectively communicate to stakeholder communities within CC. This includes capturing know-how, successfully demonstrated practices and technical expertise. Use of multiple communication platforms is an essential key to success.
· Keeping abreast of the latest information, you will monitor changes in regulatory requirements and provide applicability analysis to CC sites and businesses.
· Successfully engaging outside the organization, you will interface with external stakeholders such as regulatory agencies, trade associations and non-governmental agencies to promote BASF philosophies and leverage benchmarking opportunities.
· Applying your business acumen, you will provide safe and cost-effective solutions for process safety.
· Your unwavering commitment to workplace safety will be evident as you lead initiatives to help CC sites reduce PSIs.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.