Our manufacturing organization in Bergen op Zoom is one of the production facilities of the production of advanced engineering thermoplastics. We are looking for an Operations Engineer for the Resin/ Phosgene plants to support daily operations, which includes troubleshooting, plant optimization, raw material management, debottlenecking and production loss accounting. The operations engineer is responsible for the maximum unit availability in a safe and economical manner by providing support to plant personnel using available resources. This role is within the BRF (BPA/ Resin/ Phosgene) organization, which exists of about 75 employees from which 62 working in shifts. The Ops Engineer reports to the Sr. Manager Operation BRF.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
- Responsible for plant production performance monitoring, including operation performance improvement (raw material and energy usage, quality).
- Troubleshooting and debottlenecking of unit operations and related equipment including identifying the problem source. Evaluate alternatives and suggest solutions and improvements.
- Together with operations, make sure that the plant capability (output) targets are realized on a day to day basis. He/ she proactively advise and assist the operational teams in preventing performance gaps and in case of immediate performance gaps, resolve plant output- and quality problems effectively.
- Working in SAP to ensure raw material supply and registration.
- Execute on short-term operational safety actions initiated from HAZOP`s, safety events and incidents.
- Maintains contact with service departments to optimize plant performance.
- Assist in commissioning of new equipment and other unit/control modifications.
- Reviews design packages for operability, functionality and safety.
- Participate as team member in Incident Investigations, HAZOP and PSSR.
- Maintains statistical process control (or similar methods) monitoring of all major Chemops unit equipment and makes recommendations for proper maintenance and operation.
- Responsible for the operation part of turn-around scope, and participates in the unit turn-around team to develop the total scope.
- BSc / MSc level in either mechanical engineering or chemical engineering.
- 1-5 Years working experience in a (petro-) chemical unit (troubleshooting). Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- A dynamic, flexible, structured and enthusiastic personality
- You have the ability to listen generously and practice open advocacy. You are able to provide people the information to perform their assigned roles by spoken and written word.
- You know how to evaluate a particular situation or scenario and quantify the probability and consequence of an undesirable event (risk based thinking).
Interested in this challenging role?
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers (Corporate recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment are part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.