• Supports piping engineering needs across the Upstream Facilities organization.
• Individual contributor:
o Performs routine work independently and undertakes complex problems or issues with the guidance of a senior engineer.
o Conducts detailed technical evaluations to address issues with Piping and system design, operation and maintenance.
• Provides technical assistance to Root Cause Failure Analysis teams.
• Reviews project and contractor deliverables as requested to ensure compliance with project specifications, Design Practices, Static Equipment Toolkit guidance, and best practices. Documents to be reviewed may include Piping & Instrument Diagrams, piping arrangements, piping material specifications, Stress analysis reports, data sheets, vendor proposals, and technical studies.
• Participates in design reviews, risk assessments, HAZOPs, vendor qualification, and vendor bid evaluations as requested.
• Supports functional initiatives and maintains discipline documentation pertinent to Upstream Facilities.
• Provides technical mentorship to less experienced engineers within the Piping discipline.
• Proactively and continuously grows technical expertise in pertinent technologies.
• Maintains current knowledge (e.g. through participation in industry training, conferences and forums).
• Knowledge of the following consistent with level of experience:
o Industry design standards, specifications, codes, and safety criteria
o Crude oil and natural gas production facility design
o Working knowledge of piping 3D Modelling & Stress analysis software
• Bachelor of Science Degree in a related Engineering Discipline from recognized university with GPA 7.0 or above.
• 5-7 years of closely related professional experience.
• Demonstrated organizational, coordination, planning, interface and technical judgment skills.
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
• Demonstrated leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
• A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.
• Willing and able to travel as required, both domestic and international.