15 Mar, 2023
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Principal Process Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. The successful candidate must be able to work in Basra on a daily basis 6/1 and there is no rotation associated for this position. As such, we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Basra and the surrounding areas.
- To prepare process deliverables for a detailed design project in the oil and gas industry, and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To provide direction and guidance on all process engineering technical queries raised by either internal or external parties
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to process engineering design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Membership of a recognized professional institute preferred
- Minimum of 8 years design engineering experience in the oil and gas industries
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process engineering design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Process Design
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for process engineering design and selection (Hysys, ProII, Pipesim etc.)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.