15 Mar, 2023
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Process Control Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas / petrochemical industry to join our team in Tengiz.
Reporting to the Onshore Configuration Lead, your primary focus will be to undertake system modifications and associated management of change documentation. You will also need to ensure:
- The supplied Process Control, Safety Management and Network Systems are delivered, installed correctly, powered up, fully functioning, modified when required and completion of all necessary checks and documentation
- Project deliverables comply with company/client standards and specifications and to both check and produce necessary documentation for Construction support of MAC scope in TCO Future Growth Project.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Leading and ensuring the MAC engineering team work in accordance with Wood/ and Client’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HES or HSE) policies and procedures
- Delivering of compliant, high-quality, on-time engineering deliverables, including mod packs, as-builts, and final engineering data
- Identifying errors and omissions
- Providing support and expertise to other team members
- Timely resolution of engineering site queries
- Providing specialist support when required for the plant start up and on-going commissioning
Skills / Qualifications
Ideally, you will be working in a similar Senior Process Control Engineer role within the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure industries and you will be recognised as specialist in a specific engineering field on large projects.
What will set you apart will be your proven experience in Industrial Process Control Systems (hardware and software) and be experience working in integrated client teams.
- Relevant Engineering degree from a recognised university (Minimum BSc Degree) and ideally working toward being a chartered engineer and member of a recognised institution (IET or IMC)
10-15 years’ experience in Industrial Process Control Systems, design, configuration, testing and completions (including functional safety asepects)
5 years’ experience in working in Construction and Commissioning sites
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Compelling experience in Automation and Control Engineering Discipline
- Experience in writing requirement specifications for PCS/DCS/SIS applications
- Experience of ICSS systems & understanding of the integration of control logic between PCS, SIS, and FGS
- Ability to read and understand Process Control Requirement Specifications, P&ID’s, and Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Understanding of Operational and Commissioning requirements for Oil/Gas installations and how they affect PCS Sequence requirements.
- Knowledge of plant process and equipment under control
- Knowledge of AOA/PSS/SIS
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- A "safety first" approach to your chosen profession
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) complemented by your ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural project team
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- An ability to work under pressure when necessary, while still delivering within a challenging and complex environment
- A“ solutions mindset” and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges.
If you are a Senior Process Control Engineer and ready for your next challenge - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.