15 Mar, 2023
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Process Engineer with a proven track record in executing both Onshore and Offshore projects from Select / Concept to Execute for clients in the middle east and globally.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To have single - point responsibility for all Processl engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for the checking or approval of basis of design, process calculations, safety related calculations to develop the robust design
- Responsible for Review and approval of Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, PSFS, DPTDs, Equipment & Instrument specifications, Process Descriptions, cause, and Effect chart etc.
- Responsible for Review and approval of dynamic simulation study, transient study, surge study, Minimum Metal Design Temperature (MDMT) study, etc.
- Responsible for Review and approval of depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Responsible for Review and approval of safety related calculations and provide input to HAZOP, SIL and other safety reviews as required
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
- Coordination of Process team and reporting to Project or Engineering Manager on project related matters
- Supporting the Planning, scheduling and execution of discipline activities and deliverables, including manhour estimating and schedule preparation to support bid / tendering as required.
- Manage discipline work to the required schedule and manpower allocation, including requesting personnel as identified by the plan, and day-to-day supervision of discipline personnel on the project. This includes approval of timesheets, holiday approval and overtime approval where delegated.
- Manage and report progress of all Process engineering and design budgets in line with contract requirements including weekly and cumulative productivity.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and / or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- To attend weekly internal and external progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering / Project Manager
- To ensure all team members are competency assessed and maintain the competency of the team in line with company and Client requirements
- Define minimum acceptance criteria and Undertake pre-qualification of third parties
- Liaise and engage with Licensors, Equipment Vendors and OEM’s as required to conclude the project deliverables in accordance with the project scope and provide third party budget costs for stage gate estimates as required.
- Define scope of work for 3rd Party subcontracts as required.
- Preparation of Tender Bid Evaluations and assessment of bids
- Review of Vendor Documents on Detailed Engineering Projects
- Provide input to EPC scope of work and EPC Tender Package for EXECUTE stage
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing
- Ensure compliance with management of change processes both technical and financial
- To provide direction and guidance on technical queries relating to Process engineering and raise appropriate EQ’s / deviations
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- Take ownership for Risk Identification, Assessment, Mitigation, Monitoring and Close Out for your respective discipline.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- Promote and encourage smarter ways of working and champion continuous improvement within your department
- Ensure all lessons learnt are captured and shared
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role, preferably in UAE or Middle East
- Offshore experience is must, whilst ADNOC experience is desired
- Proficient in Process Simulation software’s such as HYSYS, Flare System Analyzer, PipeNet, Pipesim, OLGA etc. and should be a subject matter expert
- Knowledge of engineering computer programs and general business software
- Experience of working in a multi - project / multi - disciplined environment and throughout all engineering and design phases of projects
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.