15 Mar, 2023
Energy, Renewables & Nuclear
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently searching for talented Process Engineers to support our Consulting business in Houston, TX. These Process Engineers will support the business in winning and executing a variety of early phase studies in all sectors of the oil and gas industry with strong focus on Energy Transition.
Wood’s Energy Consulting team focuses on advising clients, investors, and asset owners on making the right investment decisions for their projects or assets. This team has the skills, experience, and creativity to add value from the earliest screening or conceptual phases through to the establishment of a robust basis of design in the pre-FEED stage, ready for FEED.
The Energy Consulting team in Houston typically works a hybrid schedule of in-office one to two days per week and work from home the remainder. A total work from home schedule will be considered for outstanding candidates that do not reside in the Houston area.
- Uses technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments to complete any project tasks with certain guidance and direction.
- Competent to perform all process engineering functions including deliverables such as feasibility and optimization studies, process simulations and heat and material balances, process equipment sizing, process data for instrument and mechanical data sheets, hydraulic piping line sizing and other philosophies and reports.
- Able to perform engineering calculations as well as check drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards.
- Initiates regular communication between the process team and all other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of work and that consistent technical content is maintained for all design documents/data throughout the project
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5-10 years of overall process engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years expereince in fast-track front end studies
- Proficiency in using HYSYS, and ProMax a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent client facing and presentation skills
- Economic modelling skills a plus
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects
- Must be US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.