15 Mar, 2023
Petrochemicals & Refining
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking to recruit a Principal C&I Engineer to work on a Contract (Agency) basis
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. We work on some of the largest projects globally with an outstanding list of energy clients. Our projects span the globe and beyond.
If your looking to work with a company who believes in you. Apply today.
These roles will be based in Wood’s Reading office and some hybrid working maybe available.
- Provide realistic and practical technical solutions to operational engineering challenges
- Evaluate existing and new manufacturers in his / her area of expertise for technical competence and compliance
- Perform technical studies in applicable project related technical issues and prepare reports and feedback for presentation to technical and management personnel
- Review engineering and design proposals for large project
- Review and develop engineering and design documentation, including engineering procedures, standards, and specifications (FEED)
- Experience on HAZOP / SIL assignment and knowledgeable of IEC 61511
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, and other internal personnel
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc Electrical / Process / Process Control Engineering
- Extensive experience in instrument and control engineering in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry
- Middle East project experience is preferable (Gas Plants, Refineries etc)
- Must have in - depth knowledge of basic instrumentation and control including flow, level, pressure, temperature, and process analysis
- Must have traceable experience in the field of instrument selection in relation to process applications
- Good knowledge of boiler control, process heater control and process furnace control in accordance with Project Process requirement
- Good knowledge on materials and material selection for in - line instrumentation
- Knowledgeable of electrical systems for instrumentation, including cabling, wiring methods, grounding, materials, control circuits. In addition, hazardous area design implementation shall be part of candidate’s experience
- Very knowledgeable with a wide variety of national and international standards, especially related to ISA, ANSI, ASME, API, NFPA and IEC
- Field experience is required in oil, gas, or petrochemical industries with a wide variety of instrument and control installations. Candidate should have experience during plant construction, commissioning, start - up or operations and including selection and installation of field instruments, cables, enclosures, trays, hazardous area installations and grounding
- Candidate should have knowledge of and experience with Distributed Control System (DCS) and Emergency Shutdown System (ESD) and their implementation. Experience with Foundation Fieldbus is a must
- Experience on selected project vendor’s PCS (project control system) and FAT (final acceptance test)
- Must be computer literate with advanced level of experience in use of office and technical software
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Refer this job to a friend
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.