Technical Professional - Process
As a Technical Advisor in the Chemical group of the Sustainable Technology Business Unit, you will be part of a process engineering team to provide plant technical lifecycle support from Process design and Basic engineering through plant operations. Activities include development of PDP and BED packages, meeting directly with the clients, handling interdisciplinary meetings and information transfer, supporting proposal development, solving site operational issues, and engaging in KBR Chemical Technology development. Your work will involve conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design and operation requirements, and difficult coordination requirements. Must be willing and available to travel domestic and international including site base assignment, as needed.
- Develop and deliver PDP and BED packages
- Support proposal development
- Solve site operational issues
- Engage in KBR Chemical technology development
- Work will involve conventional engineering and operation practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design and operation requirements, and difficult coordination requirements.
Compliance & HSSE:
- Demonstrates commitment to compliance with all laws, regulations and corporate policies ensuring the highest of ethics in business conduct, including but not limited to the KBR’s Code of Business Conduct, FCPA, ITCO and other relevant anti-corruption policies.
- Strong commitment to safety and the value of safety policies and procedures
Experience, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum of 2 years CURRENT experience in Process design, optimization and/or operations.
- Design or operations background in chemical (Acetic Acid, VAM, phenolic chain, etc.) is preferred; experience in other Petrochemical processes is a plus
- High level of proficiency in using process design simulation software (i.e., Aspen, PROII, etc.) to develop new or revamp designs required
- Experience in application of advanced process design techniques to develop and optimize process designs is a plus
- Proficiency in conceptual development of process designs, basic economic evaluations, Process Flow Diagrams, equipment capacity evaluation and specification required
- Ability to develop new engineering ideas and concepts needed
- Strong English verbal, writing and reading communication skills required
- Must have the ability to clearly convey technical concepts and principles in both verbal and written communications to clients, peers and KBR management
- Must be willing and available to travel domestic and international, as needed
BSc. in Chemical Engineering
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.