As the Lead Process Engineer, you will lead process engineering in the Active Ingredients (AI) Business Unit at the St. Gabriel site. You will be responsible for assisting AI Unit Superintendents in meeting production targets necessary to meet volumes and customer requirements. In addition to directly providing technical support to the four AI units, you will mentor and assist the other AI Unit Efficiency Engineers to maximize raw material yields, maximize energy yields and maintain product cost effectiveness in all AI Production Units
- Responsible for Overall Equipment Effectivess (OEE) and Continuous Improvement Efforts within the AI Production units.
- Ensure consistency of OEE metrics, reporting, and dashboards as well as Continuous Improvement methodology across all AI Units.
- Assist in development and maintenance of operational procedures, safety critical limits, and quality parameter limits.
- Support of month-end accounting closure for consumption of raw materials and energy.
- Support unit through real time production reporting, yield and raw material efficiency monitoring.
- Support environmental improvements, reporting and calculation with regards to permitting and release reporting.
- Support unit operations in incident investigations related to production processes.
- Lead and Maintain a list of productivity/cost savings projects in all units.
- Works closely with Unit Superintendents and site process technology group to improve unit efficiency and overall cost effectiveness.
We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and 10 or more years of experience in a chemical or manufacturing setting as Production/process Engineer.
- Strong understanding of OEE and plant reliability.
- Demonstrated understanding of best engineering practices and the application of RAGAGEPs to assets and processes.
- Strong background in Engineering with some interdisciplinary or cross functional experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP.
- PRA/PHA experience
- Six Sigma Black belt or Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.