- Provides the formulation engineering technical capability in both existing and novel manufacturing technologies to maximize quality, capacity and efficiency outcomes during scale-up , and after launch, of new formulated products to commercial manufacture.
- Generates the process definition in CP capital projects, including process plant design and equipment evaluation and specification.
- Progress projects to increase manufacturing capacity, improve quality and/or reduce manufacturing costs at CP sites and/or the bulk supply chain.
- Provides advice for the creation and implementation of development programs and procedures within the formulation engineering processing area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Formulation Engineer delivers the scale-up of formulation processes from lab to full-scale manufacturing ensuring process safety, health and environmental subjects are fully anticipated.
- Support technology transfer teams for inter-regional transfer or re-siting of products and is the technical lead in product establishment teams, and a member of the technical start-up team for new processes and equipment at Syngenta manufacturing sites or tollers.
- Designs pilot plant trials and full-scale manufacturing trials - writes operating procedures, trains operating team, provides technical supervision, documents the outcomes, and identifies next steps and shares best practices.
- Applies formulation engineering processing knowledge to identify solutions that improve capacity, quality, and cost efficiency at manufacturing sites and/or in the bulk supply chain and is a member of the project teams that implement these solutions.
- Progresses projects to seek out, evaluate and introduce innovative manufacturing technologies for implementation in the pilot plant, production sites or supply chain.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years of proven experience (adjusted based on further degree) in formulation process development, formulation manufacturing, or similar role
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
- Relocation Provided
Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Learn more about our team and our mission here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCN_51GbNI
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)(http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.