- Lead the process design effort on capital projects generally in the range of $10MM up to $100MM (singularly or in aggregate).
- Work with project owners to define project scope and evaluating alternatives. This often requires holding large areas of ambiguity before a project scope is finalized in a Terms of Reference or Process Scope Package.
- Oversee Indirect management of numerous design personnel particularly during project concept definition with continued support through basic engineering, and detailed design.
- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the business including Health/Safety/Environmental (HSE), efficiency or expansion type projects. Incumbent will provide mass and energy balances, physical properties calculations, process simulations, unit operations design and scale-up for new and improved chemical and/or formulation processes, evaluation of candidate processes/routes, and general chemical/ formulation plant process design.
- Provide front end process designs to enable detailed project design. Assist the project team in identifying process risks, scale-up concerns and uncertainty in the process area.
- Provide functional design activities for equipment sizing/design, construction support, and commissioning.
- Perform initial or revalidation Pressure Safety Valve (PSV) evaluation and sizing including identification of applicable sizing cases and the controlling case.
- Provide Process Risk Assessment (PRA) assistance for assigned projects and the NAFTA region as needed to support capital projects in the region. Resolve process questions during hazard studies, detailed mechanical design, and start-up of new or modified plants .
- Provide innovative and cost-effective design solutions through networking and optimal use of internal and external resources and vendors.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the engineering requirements for AI & FFP Projects making leading edge engineering solutions available for use across Syngenta.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to address HSE and process safety, and other regulatory requirements. As applicable, act as an interface with design firms or other agencies to promote best practices.
- 10-15+ years of relevant process design or production experience desired
- Travel Requirements – up to 10%
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in process design and capability to deliver challenging process design scopes for major capital projects.
- The ability to comfortably lead the front-end development of complex engineering projects with little to no direction by possessing a broad understanding of chemical process technology and design as well as stage-gate project development methodologies.
What we Offer
A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members
We offer flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
The Sr. Process Engineer will perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the business.