- In close liaison with site leadership, provide capital portfolio stewardship, planning and optimization.
- Be responsible for the delivery of the capital investment plan.
- Ensure timely implementation of new or improved assets consistent with business requirements and within agreed cost and safety parameters.
- Develop sustainable, appropriate levels of project professionalism at the facilities within the area of responsibility.
- Through close liaison with CPG Process Engineering, PTAI, PT&E, principal engineers, other technical resources and key stakeholders, ensure that capital projects use fit-for-purpose engineering solutions and meet Syngenta HSE, Sustainability and Business requirements.
- Promote the individual professional development of your team members
- Foster an organizational environment that encourages and rewards.
- Embrace change and lead the organization in the delivery of value to the business.
- Work across multiple stakeholders and partners to ensure aligned behaviours
- Apply change management techniques to complex situations and provide expert input on change management projects.
- Guide the organization to remain flexible in a changing, competitive environment as an adaptability role model.
- Navigate political realities that can advance or hinder organizational inititiatives.
- Use formal and informal authority to gain buy-in and positively influence the direction of the organization.
- As a member of the North American Engineering Leadership Team, help set and deliver the NA Engineering Strategy.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering (civil, mechanical, chemical, electrical).
- Expert-level with engineering, procurement and construction.
- Expert-level with stage gate capital project process.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable regulations for chemical plant safety and environmental regulations.
- Effective project management skills.
- Effective risk management skills.
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing engineering resources.
- 15+ years of relevant project management and leadership experience.
- Travel Requirements – up to 10%
What we Offer
A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members
We offer flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
The Engineering Manager will lead the Syngenta Captital Projects Group at the Saint Gabriel production site. The team consists of both internal and contract engineering resources (process engineers, designers, project engineers and project managers).