Where you fit
Shell’s Projects and Technology (P&T) business exists to make the delivery of our strategies and the growth of our company possible. Our team develops the advanced products and technologies Shell needs to meet customer demand. Our solutions help our partners grow their businesses, deepen the integration of Manufacturing, Chemicals and Trading, and maximise the competitiveness of our Assets & businesses.
What’s the role?
As Process l Technologist – SMPO, your accountabilities include:
- Provide top quartile Advance Technology Support to Shell Styrene Monomer Propylene Oxide (SMPO) assets globally.
- Drive and/or support process design including start-ups for new Styrene Monomer Propylene Oxide (SMPO) plants.
- Drive and/or support R&D programs for SMPO, EBSM including coaching/guiding the experimentalists in SMPO IPPs (Internal Pilot Plant).
- Responsible for agreeing on programs and required resources with customers, providing expertise and delivering high quality services.
- Act as a technical coach/mentor for new joiners, lesser experienced colleagues.
- Provide Technical assurance..
- Contribute to the development of Best Practices & sharing between the SMPO and EB “sister” plants.
- Contribute towards the Knowledge Management activities .
In addition, some general activities for the department and any other technical activities as requested by the Team lead will form part of the task.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following experience and qualities:
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering, preferably master’s or equivalent.
- Sound technology background with at least 5 – 7 years’ experience.
- Experience in process engineering design, Technology support and/or process development in at least one relevant (chemical) technology area.
- Previous experience in SMPO technology will be an added advantage.
- Experience in driving or supporting a design project and/or a R&D program is desirable.
- Skilled in Aspen or equivalent simulation tools.
- Results driven.
- Demonstrated team working and networking skills.
- Highly motivated person who works independently.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.