The Hydroprocessing Centre of Expertise plays a key role in the energy transition, leading research and development, process design and advanced technical services for hydroprocessing technologies, including advanced biofuel production.
Where you fit
You will be a senior technologist and be part of the Hydroprocessing CoE (over 50 staff). As such, you will be one of Shell’s experts in hydroprocessing. You will work across the globe with customers in businesses including downstream refining, chemicals, new fuels, base oils, catalyst, licensing and services. You will lead process design from concept creation to design package delivery, provide advanced technical services, guide R&D and capture knowledge.
What’s the role?
- Lead process design & engineering for hydroprocessing revamps and new units as TA3.
- Provide technology and process design expertise to the development and de-risking of technologies from R&D to implementation at site.
- Provide skilled hydroprocessing technology advice on optimal operation, catalyst selection, process & reaction kinetics modeling and evaluation of plant-catalyst performance.
- Guide and support R&D programs in area of catalyst performance testing, feed pretreatment, and desk-top studies.
- Develop and capture improvements in hydroprocessing technologies in operating manuals, process guides and standards.
What we need from you
- Bachelors with chemical engineering with a minimum of 7 years.
- Extensive process engineering background, deep and broad experience in this field.
- Highly skilled competency level in Process Engineering & Design, with demonstrated capability in process engineering simulation programming, modeling and front end development.
- Skilled in process safety requirements.
- Skilled in hydroprocessing technologies, feedstocks, products, catalysts and applications.
- Experience as a process engineer for an EPC company or design institute covering hydrocarbon processing and hydroprocessing.
- Proven refinery experience with exposure to hydroprocessing.
- Ability to work effectively with distributed teams and in a broad range of cultures.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in complex customer environments.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.