Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Hydrogen specialist to join the Downstream Process Engineering Division (DPED) for Process and Control Systems Department (P&CSD). DPED is responsible for providing technologies, process engineering expertise, support and consultation in the area of refining and flare and relief system. The Engineering Specialist primary role is to provide specific technical expertise as well as to support and consult in specific areas of refining.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for SMR operating plants. Troubleshoot major plant upsets and/or chronic operational problems.
- Provide technical lead in the evaluation of H2 production options in the support of green fuel production and CO2 emission reduction initiative.
- Engage technology licensor in discussions related to troubleshooting operating units as well as design of new process units with sufficient expertise to critically assess validity of licensor recommendations and provide management guidance related to acceptance of licensor recommendations.
- Review operation of existing units to identify improvement opportunities, potential problems, and remedies to existing problems.
- Participate in the planning of operating plant turnaround activities necessary to ensure long term reliable operation.
- Coordinate the execution of capacity increase studies with operating facility, licensor, and detailed engineering design contractor. This would involve setting the design basis and scope of work as require to ensure study is sufficiently comprehensive to satisfy objective.
- Develop plans for reviewing and incorporating new technologies, catalysts and adsorbent in Saudi Aramco plants.
- Conduct simulations studies using Saudi Aramco licensed process simulation software packages such as HYSYS. Utilize process models for new and existing facilities and assess ability of the model to deliver representative results.
- Create/Update Saudi Aramco Engineering Standards related to his subject field.
- Lead process design and engineering activities for new projects in conceptual, pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed Engineering phases.
- Mentor and develop young Saudi Arab Engineers to become specialists.
- Develop new and/or deliver existing technical courses for engineers from operating facilities.
- Present technical papers in major international conferences and issue papers in reputable oil and gas journals.
- Support research and pilot projects that will enhance unit performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Over 10 years of experience working directly with H2 production and purification technology.
- Have experience in Steam Methane Reforming (SMR Technology), Partial Oxidation (POX), or Auto Thermal Reforming (ART), Water Gas Shift and PSA Technology.
- Field experience working with H2 production units is required
- Adequate design experience in order to take a lead role as the company representative when working with licensor or engineering design companies performing studies for H2 production projects.
- Process simulation modelling experience
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.