Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
We are looking for a senior process engineer with extensive experience in refining, LNG, petrochemicals, or energy transition technologies. The engineer would be required to utilize their expansive knowledge in all areas of design from conceptual studies to detailed engineering. The engineer should have a proven
track record and will be recognized for their understanding of the key process concepts. They are familiar with standard process deliverables such as design basis, H&MB, PFDs, process descriptions, P&IDs etc and would be comfortable both originating as well as approving these documents. Simulation experience is desirable and experience in multiple software (Hysys, Pro II, Unisim, Promax) will be an advantage. Candidate should have worked in project teams carrying out basic and detailed engineering for execution of projects on various modes of execution. Senior Engineer will utilize Bechtel procedures and work processes along with sound Process understanding of Process
design principles to develop project deliverables. The engineer will drive for quality of deliverables and minimize rework through the application of quality absolutes while working independently and as part of a team. This position is based in Gurgaon, India.
• Executes process deliverables according to a set engineering design criterion utilizing approved engineering procedures, practices, and codes and standards.
• Takes the initiative to coordinate the design development with other engineering disciplines while managing workload and meeting schedule due dates.
• Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects with minimal technical oversight.
• Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation preferred.
• Uses specialized engineering hydraulic programs such as Flarenet, Pipeflo, PIPENET, VMGSim, etc to interpret or complete calculations.
• Uses 3D model software such as SmartPlant Review or PDSView in order to review the physical design of a plant.
• Apply basic chemical engineering principals of heat transfer, vapor-liquid equilibria, mass transfer and thermodynamics in process design.
• Perform design calculations using standard simulation programs (Hysys, Pro II, Unisim, and/or Promax).
• Conversant in relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design. Develop relief load narratives, relief load calculations and relief valve datasheets.
• Develop flare system design.
• Proficient in the process design of equipment, including vessels, columns, heat exchangers and package process specifications for equipment and control valves.
• Develop process engineering deliverables such as BFDs, PFDs, H&MBs, Equipment Datasheets,
Utility. Summaries and other process deliverables required for the facility design.
• Knowledgeable in alarm and trip setpoint rationale and process safety time calculations.
• Develop and check Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), from preliminary drawings to issue for construction
• Develop and check Line Designation Tables (line lists with process and mechanical design conditions captured)
• Perform and check hydraulic calculations – for pumps, compressors, control valves, and line sizing
• Develop and check Design Pressure and Temperature Diagrams (DPDTs) including analyzing and
determining piping systems design conditions
• Participate in Plot Plan, 3D Model and P&ID Reviews
• Participate in safety reviews (HAZID, HAZOP/ SIL), as well as reviewing compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
• Review deliverables from licensors, other disciplines, and suppliers during the execution of the project to ensure that process intent has been adequately incorporated into the facility design.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university
• 11-15 years for grade 25 and 16-18 years for grade 26 of experience in Process Design & Engineering for Refineries, LNG Plants, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Desalination, Oil & Gas.
• Minimum 8 years’ hands-on experience on Complex Hydraulics, P&ID development, LDT preparation, Simulation, equipment, and instrument datasheets, Process description, DPDT, Control Narratives
• Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to coordinate work with other engineering disciplines and other stake holders
• Broad working knowledge of the principles and practices of executing large projects
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.