Eastman’s current hiring policy encourages and prefers new hires be fully vaccinated before reporting to work in this role when possible.
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,000 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2021 revenues of approximately $10.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
- Understanding process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagram and equipment layouts.
- Preparation and documenting relief valves sizing calculations (pressure safety valve, rupture disk, conservation vent).
- Performing relief valve adequacy check using the software and with the help of in-house tool.
- Documentation of the pressure relief scenarios and the path followed in preparing the relief sizing calculations.
- Preparation & Reviewing of Plant process design with equipment sizing & utility load design calculation.
- Work as a team along with other fellow Chemical Engineers and to involve in discussion with them to understand and size relief device.
- Reviewing of Process Flow Diagram & Piping & Instrumentation Diagram.
- To review conceptual equipment layouts, process layout, utility layout and other block layouts
- Material & Energy Balance Calculation as per the process requirement.
- Actively participate as a member of multifunctional project teams executing capital and technical projects from concept to implementation
- Ensure regulatory compliance of process changes
- Provide and communicate clear, concise, and timely reporting of project progress and accomplishments verbally and in writing
- Computer Environment: Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Ability to handle multiple assignments of varying complexity
- Good written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player in a team environment
- Be a self-starter and a self-motivator
Background Preference – B.Tech/B.E./M.Tech/M.E. (Chemical Engineering) - candidates from Process Engineering, Project Design Engineering, Process Safety design and technical services experience background are preferred (Pharma, Chemical or Process Design companies)
Experience Preference - from 0.6 to 3 years.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.