This position is accountable for managing development and execution of multiple capital projects through all assigned phases. The project manager assembles and leads the required cross-functional team to achieve agreed cost, schedule, quality, operability, and safety objectives established for the project.
This position will work closely with various technical groups, operations, reliability, and maintenance personnel to scope, design, and execute capital projects across the Channelview Complex.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Employ the company's phase gate Project Management Process in execution of small capital projects up to $10MM TIC.
- Execute projects consistent with approved project objectives and assume accountability for overall HSE, cost, and schedule performance during development, execution, commissioning and startup of projects.
- Lead definition of projects, scope development, and front-end engineering in support of the project objectives.
- Lead multi-discipline project teams, including company and contract personnel, in resolution of technical and commercial issues.
- Develop and implement documented Project Execution Plan (PEP) that covers concept selection, project development, contracting strategies, execution, commissioning and startup, and post project evaluation.
- Develop documents necessary for project funding gate reviews.
- Gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team.
- Prepare and present project updates to senior management.
- Simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- Engineering Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical with a minimum of 8 years in an operating plant with project engineering / project management experience
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills in leading a diverse cross-functional team
- Must display strong personal initiative, a sound planning and problem solving capacity and effective interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects, characterize risk and adhere to schedule
- Familiarity with applicable engineering codes/standards and their application.
- Working knowledge of equipment procurement and construction.
- The successful candidate shall have developed strong estimating skills and will have worked with contractors, vendors and purchasing to accomplish the work scope.
- Working knowledge of SAP as well as the Management of Change process.
- A PMI PMP certified Project Manager with a minimum of 8 years’ experience managing a portfolio of small to mid-size Capital Projects in an operating chemical plant.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.