The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for environmental compliance with state and federal regulations and providing environmental support to the Channelview Complex in designated regulatory areas. This position will be focused on air regulatory compliance support. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies. You must demonstrate understanding and personal ownership for meeting/exceeding health, safety, environmental and risk management standards and practices.
• Interact with site personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of environmental regulatory requirements
• Interaction with regulatory agencies during inspections and for regulatory reporting
• Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists
• Demonstrate an overall understanding of the production process in assigned areas
• Proactively identifies opportunities to make improvements within their specific area of responsibility
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Focus on end results in all actions, decisions, and behaviors to ensure achievement of the Enterprise’s vision, purpose, strategic focus and goals
• Demonstrate the ability to move a team to consensus on difficult issues and effectively deals with uncertainty
• This position requires a Bachelors’ degree in engineering, relevant sciences or specific environmental discipline
• This position requires a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. Experience in the chemical manufacturing industry is preferred
• Working knowledge of air related Environmental compliance programs associated with the chemical manufacturing industry
• Able to develop communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that help the Environmental department, operations, and other functional groups implement those process changes or procedures necessary to comply with the regulations and requirements
• Ability to effectively use “role specific” software and effectively use standard company computer systems and programs
• Must be TWIC certified or be able to obtain
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.