Are you looking for a key management position where you will be responsible for all process engineering and safety activities? Welcome to LyondellBasell!
For our European production site in Münchsmünster near Ingolstadt, we are looking for a
Manager Process Technology & Laboratory (m/f/d)
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The position acts as Site Technology Manager for the Münchsmünster Olefins and Polyethylene site and oversees the process engineering and process safety activities as well as the laboratory activities. The position is the main driver for process safety, efficiency and innovation and the enabler for our decarbonization and circular ambitions of the site and company. As member of the site management team the position has a strong contribution to the sites strategy, performance and culture.
- Lead the team of process engineers to ensure support to the production units in their day-to-day operations by analyzing operational and HSE incidents, troubleshooting issues, proposing improvements and evaluating modifications and projects (management of change process)
- With your team monitor, investigate, evaluate and study improvement opportunities and new technologies in collaboration with business, HSE, manufacturing and R&D stakeholders. Develop projects concepts and ensure technology support from project development to commissioning
- Engage actively in sustainable technology development which will shape the long term production scheme of the site including decarbonization, advanced recycling technologies and circular and renewable feedstocks
- Ensure technological exchange with internal global experts, R&D and other LYB sites and participate and engage your team members in participation in global network. Ensure relationship to technology licensors and relevant industry working groups
- Provide process engineering tools and training for the team and for the site
- Ensure laboratory services for production, keep analytical capabilities and equipment up to date and to business demand and ensure cost effectiveness
- Be a people leader by collaborative interaction with your technology and laboratory team and focus on DEI and culture. Ensure a feedback and performance mindset, which enables developing the team members both professionally and personally. Ensure training and coaching with focus on development of young engineers and graduates
- Be a member of the site management team, contribute your opinion and position to site topics and provide leadership visibility
- University degree in process/chemical engineering or in technical chemistry
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing and/or technological experience in the field of petrochemicals or polymers
- Experience in olefins, polyolefins and utilities preferred
- Experience from international assignments and working in a multicultural environment beneficial
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and German is essential
- Excellent understanding of olefins and polyolefins manufacturing processes focussing on process safety and economic drivers in the relevant categories
- Business understanding and project management competences to ensure added value for the company
- Proven leadership to develop process engineers into the talent pipeline for operations assignments
- A sound team work attitude and the belief that a good team will go farther than alone
What makes us attractive – your perspectives?
We offer attractive salary package, company social benefits and mobile working.
We encourage decisions and reward results.
We believe in the power of many - with continuous improvement we build successful teams.
We want to appeal to everyone – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Register your CV and apply via our online portal by clicking on the “apply” button. Please feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.