This position is to provide technical expertise to maximize production, improve plant yield, optimize energize usage, reduce carbon emissions, and improve operations stability, reliability and safety through the use of Advanced Process Control & Optimization (APC&O). This position requires collaboration and routine interaction with other work groups to ensure maximum value is derived from APC&O applications. This is a high visibility position with ability to impact global sites and lead or actively participate in several new global initiatives in variable cost reduction and sustainability.
• Understanding of process engineering theory and control theory fundamentals and have the ability to model and control chemical processes
• Demonstrated experience with Advanced Process Control within petrochemical, polymer, or refining facilities is required
• Expertise with Aspen APC&O products (DMCplus and DMC3, Aspen IQ, GDOT/RTO and Aspen Plus) or Rockwell Pavilion
• Hands on experience with distributed control systems (Emerson, Honeywell, Schneider, Yokogawa)
• Bachelor of Science Engineering degree, Chemical Engineering preferred
• Minimum of 10 years APC experience in relevant petrochemical industry, with polymer experience preferred
Languages English, additional language preferred
• Strong cross-functional leadership and teamwork skills to manage and successfully drive critical global initiatives and interface with and relate complex concepts/issues with all levels
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
• Ability to manage multiple/changing priorities and drive for results
• Ability to work with vendors and lead/manage projects successfully within schedule and budget constraints
• Ability to be independent and innovative in identifying opportunities and driving initiatives
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.