This position has the responsibility for supervising and mentoring CSE (Control System Engineering) resources that provide primary support to maintain and improve the process control systems as well as representing the site as the Alarm Champion.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform administrative and technical supervision to the Control System Engineering (CSE) resources that directly support and are assigned to the units. This is a multi-disciplinary group consisting of engineers, specialists, and service providers.
- Ensure that appropriate resource allocation is in place to adequately support and maintain process control and safety systems and support capital project related activities. This includes staffing of positions, cross-training coordination, and continuous professional development of the overall team skillset while supporting a High-Performance Culture.
- Maintain process control and automation functionality and uptime to prevent operational losses in the operating units.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and report metrics for each of the units to help improve the performance and reliability of the process control systems and to communicate these metrics to management. Coordinate with others on governance, compliance requirements, procedures, and activities within the role of process control. Be able to report these measures as required.
- Routinely assess and report recommendations for process control improvements or necessary process control software/hardware upgrades to unit management for strategic planning that fits into the capital budget plan.
- Collaborate with the PCN Lead and CSE Manager to establish or ensure group standards comply with LyondellBasell Operational Excellence standards, ensure regulatory compliance, and comply with legal requirements.
- Serve as the site Alarm Champion and support all activities associated with Alarm Management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with industrial process control systems
- Prior managerial experience preferred
Languages: English, additional language preferred
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams and interact with all levels of the organization
- Good Computing Skills
- Commitment to HSSE
- Self-motivation and high initiative
- Understanding of Emerson DeltaV DCS and SIS preferred
- Understanding of Emerson AMS Device Manager preferred
- Understanding of Allen Bradley PLC preferred
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Referral Bonus: 01,500.00
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.