The Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer is the process safety leader for the LyondellBasell Morris Site. The individual is responsible for coordinating and auditing PSM programs as well as identifying improvements to existing programs and developing and implementing improvement solutions. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, HSE, and global process safety.
• Coordinate, audit, and develop improvements for OSHA Process Safety Management practices.
• Write and implement effective procedures that support process safety, including management of change procedure.
• Lead facility siting efforts for the Morris Site including coordinating risk modeling with outside vendors, interpreting results, and participating on facility siting projects.
• Develop and implement key performance indicators (most importantly, leading indicators) to track PSM progress.
• Develop communication packages and present PSM and facility siting progress to company management.
• Coordinate operational excellence (OE) gap analysis and external OE audits
• Understand PSM implications of incidents and provide guidance to site for proper classification, investigation, and improvements.
• Coordinate process safety knowledge sharing across the Morris Site, including leading the process safety team and owning the PSM on-boarding curriculum.
• Communicate external process safety events to the site and share best practices identified within the company.
• Provide oversight and conduct audits for management of change (MOC), pre-start up safety review process (PSSR), and procedure to practice.
• Lead or participate on incident investigations.
• Participate in company process safety technical networks.
• Site PHA Facilitator- manage system tracking and documentation. Complete QA/QC checks for PHAs, QRAs, and LOPAs facilitated by others. Audit IPL Validation and Effectiveness.
• Track and understand action items from process hazard analyses.
• Management of the OE Management System Effectiveness Verification and responsible for organizing the yearly review and yearly report.
• Owner of the yearly Self-Assessment Audit Plan and Coordinator for OE and Self-Assessment Audits.
• Drive excellence in Action Item Management and Safety System Bypass processes
• Lead Management of Organizational Change Process
• Lead efforts to reduce human factors through Human Reliability Task Analysis (HRTA)
• Must possess a four-year applicable BS degree in engineering. Chemical Engineering degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a chemical or petrochemical facility.
• Must have the right to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
• Knowledge of OSHA PSM and related EPA regulatory requirements.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and the ability to present complex topics in a concise manner.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.