The Process Engineer’s role is to provide process technical expertise and innovation to operating units. Responsibilities include process change implementation, unit monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization to drive strong unit performance while maintaining focus on safety and environmental compliance. The Process Engineer will also participate in plant-wide optimization and improvement opportunities and occasionally lead complex multi-unit troubleshooting efforts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide unit process engineering support.
- Participate and be accountable for design and/or execution of improvement projects.
- Identifies areas to improve process safety, reliability, and profitability.
- Participates in the process that includes participation in the morning meetings, identifying threats to planned operation participating in P2E Boardwalk reviews, and other similar activities.
- Understands the unit constraints and defines KPIs for optimizing within those constraints, while also identifying opportunities to remove constraints.
- Supports development and ongoing maintenance of the unit operating window.
- Participates and/or leads Excellence Teams for the assigned area.
- Assists or leads investigations and troubleshooting efforts for process events with the goal of finding root cause(s) and driving implementation of corrective actions.
- Provides unit shutdown and startup support associated with downtimes and formal Turnarounds.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree
- Experience working as a process engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries.
- Leadership skills to influence the organization and drive improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to mentor and coach others in all directions of the organization.
- Technical understanding of unit processes and willingness to specialize further.
- Technology expertise and innovative approaches to solve complex process issues
- Demonstrate the personal courage and technology knowledge to provide impact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree preferably in Chemical Engineering.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.