This role provides process engineering support to the LPO Acetyls plant (Acetic Acid and Vinyl Acetate Monomer, VAM, processes). Responsibilities include providing process support to the operations and day-to-day production engineering group. Overall focus will be on long-term improvements to the plant including providing process support to mid-size and major capital projects while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. In addition, the position will be responsible for the long-range planning of the plant improvements for the Acetyls plant including any potential future growth opportunities.
• Provide process engineering support to the mid-size and major capital projects including any debottleneck opportunities within the plant
• Work with off-site engineering partners to develop solutions to gaps within the current system (including but not limited to various engineering studies, relief system evaluations, PHA/SIS evaluations, etc.)
• Develop recommendations to improve and optimize the overall plant performance
• Develop systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of safety, environment, production, reliability, cost and quality
• Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus
• Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with on-site and off-site functional groups to achieve results
• Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long-term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company and site goals
• Coach less experienced engineers and provide technical guidance on various process systems
• B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• A minimum of 8 years of prior experience working as an engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical or chemical process industries
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company’s products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.