Explore what Matters
A career at SABIC provides you with an opportunity to leave a lasting positive impact to the world and yourself. From excellent health and well-being benefits to our comprehensive learning programs. We offer a wide range of benefits and offerings that recognize that our people have unique motivations and ambitions. It’s all about matching what matters to you with what matters to us. Let’s explore what matters!
As one of the world’s largest diversified chemical companies, we activate the power of human capital to address society’s future challenges. Through partnerships, we enable life-saving medical innovations and help fight world hunger. We are driving the circular economy for the benefit of communities and our planet through sustainability initiatives, such as our TRUCIRCLE™ portfolio. Our success is built upon the collective excellence of our 32,000 employees in 50+ countries. Our values – Inspire, Engage, Create, and Deliver – are the foundation of our success. To learn more about these and how we strive to Be the Impact, click here.
Our purpose is "Chemistry that Matters". This is what drives us to do what we do. "Chemistry" goes beyond applying science and technology to enhance the supply of essential materials to the world. It is how we work, to build long-lasting relationships of trust. “What Matters” is making a meaningful impact for the world – through the customers and communities we collaborate with, so that we succeed and grow together.
It is all about matching what matters to you with what matters to us. Let us explore this together!
For an overview of our work culture and benefits, click here.
Support daily operations, including troubleshooting, increasing operational effectiveness and efficiency of production unit, overseeing equipment resources, debottlenecking, equipment commissioning and production loss accounting. Be responsible to ensure the plant provides maximum unit availability in a safe and economical manner by providing support to plant personnel using available resources, by interfacing/coordinating with Supply Chain and SAP data owner and by helping to identify employee development opportunities, and participating in operator training/certifications. Responsible for owning and driving to closure operation related TMOCs, MOCs, SABIC Assurance for EHSS Risks (SAFER), incident investigations, and action items and participating in PHAs and other necessary EHSS related reviews
- Provide technical support to the unit/site to ensure the unit meets all ISO, PSM, and other external and internal regulatory requirements, including SOP and OMS and safety protocols. This includes, but is not limited to participating in PHAs, HAZOP’s, executing MOCs, investigating incidents, and owning closure of appropriate action items (ATS). Be conversant with all OMS and safety protocols and knowledgeable with specific OMS and safety protocols responsibilities related to the position. Ensure compliance.
- Support tactical production engineering needs by collecting and analyzing unit operating data, conducting routine checks, performing complex trouble-shooting/debottlenecking/root cause analyses on performance gaps with cross-functional team(s) and implementing corrective actions/solutions, overseeing quality of Production Gap Reports and their resolution. Provide on-going technical coaching/mentoring to enhance operations. Maintain daily communications with plant personnel. Assess information reported by plant personnel and initiative action as appropriate on issues which impede performance.
- Support new product introduction, qualifications, and optimizations as well as new process, technology and equipment introductions. Coordinate implementation in operations. Review design packages for operability, functionality and safety, including participation in PSSR, and make recommendations regarding new process technologies
- Provide primary interface with Supply Chain resources as subject matter expert, and oversight to production plan and high level production schedule development, ensuring plans are fully coordinated. Select and set targets for operating parameters and communicate them
- Support develop of front-end project package and project start-up ownership and execution.
- Own the tracking of production, performance monitoring and production losses (Production Loss Accounting) and categorization and reporting of losses per the Asset Operations and Asset Utilization Work Processes. Ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken to return operations to normal, including invoking other Work Processes when necessary. Oversee the Bad Actor process and involve others as appropriate to resolve them.
- Acts as Unit Turn Around coordinator
What Matters to SABIC
- BS Engineering, preferred ME or CHE
- 3-5 MINIMUM experience in manufacturing or chemical industry
- Understanding of manufacturing operations, process equipment and technology.
- Ability to use simple statistical tools for data analysis
- Ability to actively listen, see different perspectives and practice open advocacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make relevant information known in a responsive and effective way.
- Ability to collect relevant data, history trends, and process information, root cause analysis results, and other data to identify or troubleshoot process problems.
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the “Apply Now/Apply” option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work for SABIC in the United States on a full-time basis.
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position. Applicants must be regularly available and willing to work during assigned hours of operation and such other hours as the company determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs